oNN Clan Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get your game oNN!

+8
Berto
TheWall
Dusterson
Master Semaj 86
EC
jp KNOCKOUT
LaptopGun
Lady Kathryn
12 posters

Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....]

Poll

The New Clan name should be...

[ 1 ]
    Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_lcap13%Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_lcap13%Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_lcap63%Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] I_vote_rcap [63%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] Empty Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....]

Post  Lady Kathryn Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Some of you voted...and the new name is...............THE OM NOM NOM'S!

BANNER IDEAS WILL BE DISCUSSED IN A DIFFERENT ANNOUNCEMENT LATER ON IN THE WEEK. Smile KATY IS TOO BUSY RELAXING FOR THE MOMENT AND DOESN'T FEEL LIKE MESSING WITH THIS STUFF YET. THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO VOTED. <3

Not to undermine what JP wanted to do, as far as the contest to see who can come up with the best banner idea, BUT...

HumanDove came up with a great idea for a clan name that caught mine and Adam's eye...The Dirty Dozen...considering along with everyone who has not joined and the people who have joined (who are all original members of eD) will make up 12 people exactly the only people we are supposedly missing are as follows:

Bert
    Hero
    en4cer

so obviously 9 3 = 12. Smile

I have a great friend who is a vector artist and is absolutely fantastic at what she does SO I'm thinking for a banner idea we could have a somewhat humorous banner to show the new members what the original members are really like!

Here is an example of her work: http://msanogi.deviantart.com/art/Reno-and-Rude-117826558

I'm thinking little characters (like the ones in the example) of all of us together as friends (since we are all friends obviously) and we each have our own little personality.

Like the example I used with EC when I was brainstorming with him - JP's little character can be shown with a wide, expressive grin that he always does when he poses for pictures (sorry not to call you out, boo. Razz )

So what I want from you guys is to post a picture of yourself, it can be a picture of you making a funny facial expression or with a specific item that expresses who YOU are as an individual!

Thanks so much guys, and please take this seriously

NO PICTURES OF YOUR DICKS PLEASE. XDDDD

-Lady Kathryn
    Forum Admin

Last edited by Lady Kathryn on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:02 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : New name proposed)
    LaptopGun
    LaptopGun

Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] Empty Re: Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....]

Post  LaptopGun Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:45 pm

I think its a really cute idea Very Happy You've got my support for it, little character avys of us would be awesome ^_^
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] Empty Re: Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....]

Post  Lady Kathryn Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Thank you, Adam!

I just think the problem might be that we would be undermining the importance of new members...but I really think this could work on its own anyways.
    jp KNOCKOUT
    jp KNOCKOUT

Post  jp KNOCKOUT Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:00 pm

hahah hilarious name. I'm up for anything!. That's a cool idea too.. really highlights the community aspect we've always been strong at. And yeah I do always have that grin :p

Last edited by jp KNOCKOUT on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Lady Kathryn wrote:

NO PICTURES OF YOUR DICKS PLEASE. XDDDD
    Darn.

Haha.

Well as you know I think it's a cool idea. If she could make individual images as well, so people could use them as avatars as well, that would be awesome. As long as shes okay with it. =)

As far as the new members thing... I'm not sure if we'll be getting that many new members. If we do, we could always just change the name to The Dirty Dozen +. Haha. Something like that.
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Lol thank you guys for the support, hopefully everyone else is as enthusiastic about the idea/clan name.

And as I've stated to EC, my friend will probably be able to get the banner done quickly when school lets out (May 8th).

And it was EC's idea that we could all use our customized characters as our avatars on the forum as well to show who we are in the banner.

Cool
    jp KNOCKOUT
    jp KNOCKOUT

Post  jp KNOCKOUT Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Lady Kathryn wrote:Thank you, Adam!

I just think the problem might be that we would be undermining the importance of new members...but I really think this could work on its own anyways.

possible solution would be to make that dirty d title just a sub-title to entropic decay

edit: PICTURE
    Important idea for a new clan name/banner! [NEW NAME IS....] 0416092301a.th
    Master Semaj 86
    Master Semaj 86

Post  Master Semaj 86 Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:54 am

I'm really liking the idea, it'll be cool to have a little mini-me avatar and that vector style your friend has is cool Smile Deffinately get her to do it if she is willing.
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am

Yeah, she would be willing.

JP brought up a good point though, there are other ppl who don't know about this yet that were part of the original eD clan...and with their addition to the group it would be over 12 people...I was thinking about changing the name to something that doesn't really reference a specific number of people, but has the same connotation as Dirty Dozen lol...or we could follow what JP suggested that we could make it a sub-group of eD.

My main concern with eD is obviously, Kyle had started that clan on his own and I don't want to take credit for that. We should just start our own clan and if Kyle wants to join, he should. But we know what happened last time, ppl didn't have enough time to do it, lots of drama etc.

I hope that as clan co-leader...along with whoever else wants to help (I'm probably thinking EC or Master, even though I know Master is my boyfriend, I don't want to show favoritism in that sense lol if anyone else wants to help they are more than welcome) So yeah, I think I could do a good job, I'm pretty bossy as it is, so why not. Smile

More people need to post on this thing, I'm about to send out an email to get people to post.
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 am

Well, you know I'm willing to help in any way I can. As far as how I can help, we'll see. We'll just take things as they come along, I suppose.
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:20 am

Yeah and I changed the layout since this one is a lot less...all over the place. Lol. :/
    Dusterson

Post  Dusterson Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Lady Kathryn wrote:NO PICTURES OF YOUR DICKS PLEASE. XDDDD

way to ruin my day katy hahaha

but in all seriousness im down for this idea. i dont really wanna take another pic though, just get a good one from my facebook for reference.
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:38 pm

Dusterson wrote:
    Lady Kathryn wrote:NO PICTURES OF YOUR DICKS PLEASE. XDDDD

way to ruin my day katy hahaha

but in all seriousness im down for this idea. i dont really wanna take another pic though, just get a good one from my facebook for reference.
    I shall.

You will probably be depicted as a ladies man. Haha.
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Lady Kathryn wrote:

JP brought up a good point though, there are other ppl who don't know about this yet that were part of the original eD clan...and with their addition to the group it would be over 12 people...I was thinking about changing the name to something that doesn't really reference a specific number of people, but has the same connotation as Dirty Dozen lol...or we could follow what JP suggested that we could make it a sub-group of eD.
    Now that I think of it, I think the best plan might be to do like JP thought. Have the "Dirty Dozen" be the original 12 (including your boyfriend even though he wasn't in the original haha), and have the actual clan named something else in the same vein. As far as what...I don't know. Any ideas?
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm

EC wrote:
    Lady Kathryn wrote:

Now that I think of it, I think the best plan might be to do like JP thought. Have the "Dirty Dozen" be the original 12 (including your boyfriend even though he wasn't in the original haha), and have the actual clan named something else in the same vein. As far as what...I don't know. Any ideas?
    We should be named...Dirty Dangers...lmfao...jk..-_-

Ummm...Dirty Douchebags? I dunno!!!!!!!!! Not enough people care about this. XD

I'm about to give us a cutesy name so people will step up to the plate and make a suggestion!
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 pm

I love Om Nom Noms, because that little internet meme is pretty funny!

Double D's is good too!

What does everyone else think?
    Dusterson

Post  Dusterson Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 pm

i like double D's a lot, but why would we wanna change our Gamertags? waste of money id say.
    TheWall
    TheWall

Post  TheWall Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:18 pm

i got the email saying we were changing the name to dirty dozen and i was like DD... I felt so clever and was ready to post my discovery when i open the fourm and the first thing i see is DD..... I probably should have assumed that was the point of dirty dozen. One idea although its not the best idea is that it could be dirty donuts (its probably the face that i work with donughts) but like they do come in dozens so like it kind of revolves around the dozen idea. You could also have dusty donuts, or something invloving a dozen that starts with a D, i duno..
    jp KNOCKOUT
    jp KNOCKOUT

Post  jp KNOCKOUT Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am

you guys are really digging "dirty" aren't cha hahah

we should just call ourselves canucks4cup and call it a day
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:39 am

jp KNOCKOUT wrote:you guys are really digging "dirty" aren't cha hahah

Lmao...JP and his h-A-ckey...xD

Well I'm not sure which is the best...

And Alex, I wasn't going to change my gamertag I was just going to put it in the bio...XD
    Berto

Post  Berto Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Too bad the canucks aren't getting past the next round if they play the blackhawks! (honestly, i'm having nightmares of Luongo right now)

Back on subject, I don't understand why we are even talking about changing names. I'm one who celebrates tradition and if we dissolve into a new name, we would no longer be the original eD, the original 360 clan. I know i'm still probably considered one of the newer members of this clan, but I feel like changing names would just be disrespectful to our past.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it. I'll go along with whatever.
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Berto wrote:

Too bad the canucks aren't getting past the next round if they play the blackhawks! (honestly, i'm having nightmares of Luongo right now)

Back on subject, I don't understand why we are even talking about changing names. I'm one who celebrates tradition and if we dissolve into a new name, we would no longer be the original eD, the original 360 clan. I know i'm still probably considered one of the newer members of this clan, but I feel like changing names would just be disrespectful to our past.

You have a point, we could just stick with the name and not worry about this...but I really wanted to get a banner like that..lol >.> I still like my banner idea if everyone is still down with it...

Happy Earth Day btw. o.0 Razz
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 am

Berto wrote:

Well, it's not like we are just forgetting about our past. I mean, we did get all the members together pretty much. The only reason is because of a certain other thing that eD stands for, and the fact that the name makes no sense except for Perfect Dark, which I think it was from. It's not that great of a name.

But if people want to keep it, great, we shall. I just would rather have change. Because when Katy first brought this up to me I was excited. Because eD just died. We always did a few clan matches and thats it. This can be something good, hopefully. We've got everyone back and hopefully we'll have a good time playing some games and doing some matches and being awesome!
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:11 am

EC wrote:
    Berto wrote:

Well, it's not like we are just forgetting about our past. I mean, we did get all the members together pretty much. The only reason is because of a certain other thing that eD stands for, and the fact that the name makes no sense except for Perfect Dark, which I think it was from. It's not that great of a name.

But if people want to keep it, great, we shall. I just would rather have change. Because when Katy first brought this up to me I was excited. Because eD just died. We always did a few clan matches and thats it. This can be something good, hopefully. We've got everyone back and hopefully we'll have a good time playing some games and doing some matches and being awesome!

My vision for this clan is to make it a lot more than what it was before. We never really got involved with anything...and I just really want this to work. Smile

So, I mean, Adam is right we aren't really forgetting the past, it would just be somewhat of a refreshing start to the new and improved eD clan...
    Hero C
    Hero C

Post  Hero C Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:33 am

I'm going to have to revive a few names from Rainbow 6 Vegas.

I motion for either

BuBBlE GuM BaNDiTS

or

Pretty IN Pink

I know Gow and Berto will be behind me 100%.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am