Get your game oNN!

Swine Flu

Hero C

Swine Flu

Post  Hero C on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Anyone know anyone that has it? I'm sick now, but I don't have a fever, and just feel a bit lazier than usual, but that is about it.

98.6 degrees just now, yesterday was around 99.4 or something. Both are normal.

I was just sick a few months ago, so getting sick again for a week would suck, but I sweated big time last night, and got around 9 hrs of sleep.

Honestly, I'm not worried much, since my immune system is about as badass as Rambo and Arnold in any one of his own movies.

I did share a drink with a girl at Vegas, and used someone elses chap stick, and my brother's friend was sick when he got there, so I'm guessing I caught something from one of those encounters. Also, my nephew had bacterial conjunctivitis when I left, so that could also be it.

Regardless, if you guys are smart, wash your hands frequently, don't touch your nose, eyes, or mouth without a tissue, and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND GOOD, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.

I hate it when people don't do this. Like 50 year old men and older women just sneeze into the air, and younger people in their teens sneeze into both of their hands.

If this was an anarchy, I'd totally smack these people upside the head and start fights with them over this.
    EC

Re: Swine Flu

Post  EC on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:29 pm

Has there even been any deaths reported in US/Canada yet? It seems the only deaths have been in Mexico, even then only children or elderly.

I'm not freaking out about it right now, I'm pretty careful anyway.
    Noob Pwner

Post  Noob Pwner on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:34 pm

I don't know if you guys heard, but the Israeli Prime Minister came out and said that the word swine is offensive to Jewish people. Insttead, he said we should call it the mexican flu. Rofl

Anyways, I think this is just a really sensationalized story that the media is blowing way out of proportion. I don't know if you know this but just the regular flu kills 36,000 people a year, that's about 100 people per day.
    TheHumanDove

Post  TheHumanDove on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:55 am

SWINEE

Berto

Post  Berto on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure I have it... well, by I have it, I mean I have allergies and its pissing me off.

I think swine flu is just gonna be a disease that is here for a couple of months or a year or 2, not long, not as deadly as predicted (SARS is a recent scare that comes to mind). I think its nice that it's being hyped up so much, as it helps people practice good hygiene and proper manners (like Cliffy listed).

As far as deaths reported go, I know there has been one in Texas that came from a mexican toddler visiting family. I'm sure more will be reported and as soon as an average american dies, the media will get even worse about it.

The good news about this, we don't have to keep hearing about the damn economy. We all know it sucks and we all know that we're not going anywhere for a couple years. It is nice to have a break in the news to hear something that isn't presidential related.

TL;DR: I have allergies, This reminds me of SARS, 1 mexican toddler has died
    Hero C

Post  Hero C on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:35 pm

The normal flu is more dangerous.

The only difference is we have no anti-bodies yet to combat it, but once you get it and recover, you're good.

If you just take care of it, and your body has a great immune system, you should be good. Now if you get something like Malaria or Ebola, you're most likely a goner.
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Swine flu has been around for a while, actually.

They have medicine for it, I think what gets people is that they think they have the regular flu when in reality they don't.
    Hero C

Post  Hero C on Fri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Lady Kathryn wrote:Swine flu has been around for a while, actually.

They have medicine for it, I think what gets people is that they think they have the regular flu when in reality they don't.

H1N1 strain is mutated, and not the original swine flu. No vaccine yet.
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn on Sat May 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Hero C wrote:
    Lady Kathryn wrote:Swine flu has been around for a while, actually.

H1N1 strain is mutated, and not the original swine flu. No vaccine yet.
    I didn't say there was a vaccine, I said there was medicine for it...aka anti-viral medications that people can take.

Either way, I don't think it's that serious. Do people realize how many people die because of the common influenza virus every year? It's all the media's fault...damn ass holes. Mad
    TheHumanDove

Post  TheHumanDove on Sat May 02, 2009 7:15 pm

I am the swine flu
    LaptopGun

Post  LaptopGun on Wed May 06, 2009 8:54 pm

TheHumanDove wrote:I am the swine flu

This
    Noob Pwner

Post  Noob Pwner on Thu May 07, 2009 12:17 am

LaptopGun wrote:

This

is
    eD Sinfulgrace

Post  eD Sinfulgrace on Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 am

Noob Pwner wrote:
    LaptopGun wrote:

This

is

Sparta?
    LaptopGun

Post  LaptopGun on Thu May 07, 2009 10:45 am

eD Sinfulgrace wrote:
    Noob Pwner wrote:
    LaptopGun wrote:

This

is

Sparta?

?aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EC

Post  EC on Thu May 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Just when I think 300 references were going to go away...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:23 am