oNN Clan Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get your game oNN!

5 posters

What was YOUR favourite movie of last year?

EC
    EC

What was YOUR favourite movie of last year? Empty What was YOUR favourite movie of last year?

Post  EC Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I've finally caught up with all the Oscar nominees/winners so I feel like I can accuratly judge what was the best picture.

And it's definitely not Slumdog Millionaire, even though it was a good movie it shouldn't have won so much.

I give mine to Doubt, followed closely by Frost/Nixon and The Wrestler.
    TheHumanDove
    TheHumanDove

What was YOUR favourite movie of last year? Empty Re: What was YOUR favourite movie of last year?

Post  TheHumanDove Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:20 pm

I dont remember any from last year...But I remember Watchmen. I loved that movie so so much
    jp KNOCKOUT
    jp KNOCKOUT

What was YOUR favourite movie of last year? Empty Re: What was YOUR favourite movie of last year?

Post  jp KNOCKOUT Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:21 pm

I didn't like the wrestler at all; Mickey Rooney's face doesn't move anymore from all that botox/plastic surgery or whatever he did.. so when he tried to be empathetic it just looked kinda retarded

I haven't seen frost/nixon yet, I'll check it out soon. I liked slumdog millionaire - it was very good but i didn't think it was absolutely incredible either. Just very very good

but I didn't exactly watch a lot of movies last year.. lol so slumdog wins
    Lady Kathryn
    Lady Kathryn
    Admin

Post  Lady Kathryn Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:51 pm

jp KNOCKOUT wrote:I didn't like the wrestler at all; Mickey Rooney's face doesn't move anymore from all that botox/plastic surgery or whatever he did.. so when he tried to be empathetic it just looked kinda retarded

I haven't seen frost/nixon yet, I'll check it out soon. I liked slumdog millionaire - it was very good but i didn't think it was absolutely incredible either. Just very very good

but I didn't exactly watch a lot of movies last year.. lol so slumdog wins
    Did you understand the parts where they were speaking punjabi? (forgive me if that's not the correct language haha)

Hmmm. I really enjoyed The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...me and James saw it together when it was still in theaters and I cried quite a bit. (Plus it didn't help that he was leaving the next day) sooo yeah...>.>

But I really loved Slumdog Millionaire...I thought it was a good mixture of sad/depressing/sappy love story for me. Smile Plus Dev is pretty cute...according to my boyfriend Dev has already showed his ass to the world. Literally. Hahaha...I kind of wish I could have seen it...>_> : perve :
    TheWall
    TheWall

Post  TheWall Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 am

Id have to say i liked dark knight more than most of the oscar nominated movies. I feel it diserveds more recognition from the academy, and its one of my favorite movies of all time. Like i mean the reader was nominated for best picture, like really? the reader? really?
    EC
    EC

Post  EC Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 am

TheWall wrote:Id have to say i liked dark knight more than most of the oscar nominated movies. I feel it diserveds more recognition from the academy, and its one of my favorite movies of all time. Like i mean the reader was nominated for best picture, like really? the reader? really?

The Reader kind of sucked, I agree. At least Heath Ledger got Best Supporting Actor, though.
    jp KNOCKOUT
    jp KNOCKOUT

Post  jp KNOCKOUT Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:27 pm

oh i forgot about TDK, that movie was incredible. I watched it 3-4 times in the theatres (only because i had free tickets and people kept asking me to go)

regardless - EPIC!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content